Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully.
1. Ryn Katryn Book Covers will deliver a one-of-kind book cover / artwork piece to the client, which has been designed with the client’s wishes on mind.
2. Ryn Katryn Book Covers will not infringe on the copyright of another designer’s work, unless express permission has been granted to mimic said art.
3. In case of series continuations, the burden of proof is with the client.
4. All custom ebook covers include three revision rounds during which the client can request changes to the design without additional fees. All subsequent rounds come with a $10 fee per alteration.
5. Character art includes three revision rounds during which the client can request changes to the design without additional fees. All subsequent rounds come with a $10 fee per alteration.
6. All premade book covers include one review round for textual changes to the design without additional fees. All subsequent individual changes come with a $10 fee.
7. In the case of client provided images to be used in the project, the client acknowledges he/she has obtained all rights and permissions to publish materials to be used in the project and shall be solely responsible for the materials and the validity of copyrights, trademarks and ownership claimed by the client. Client agrees to indemnify, hold harmless and defend Ryn Katryn Book Covers from any and all copyright and permission infringement action resulting from materials client provides. The book material client provides must not be a public domain work (unless client is the original author).
8. All client information and materials are considered confidential and only for use by Ryn Katryn Book Covers to provide a quote or complete a project. Client information and project materials will not be given out or shared with any third party, unless otherwise requested by the client.
9. Upon receipt of full payment, Ryn Katryn Book Covers grants the client exclusive license to use the final artwork (PDF, JPEG or other publishing-ready format) for his/her book cover and associated promotional materials.
10. The client understands that he/she has no right to alter the final cover design in any way except to change size for printing or digital display. If the client desires any alterations, he/she will consult Ryn Katryn Book Covers. The client understands that additional payments may be required to make these alterations.
11. The client agrees to abide by the terms of any license agreement for any images purchased by Ryn Katryn Book Covers through a third-party image provider for use in client’s book cover design. The cost of cover design includes the standard license to use these images and is limited to a print run of 500,000 units. For books with a print run over 500,000, additional licensing fees may apply. Images used for client’s cover are royalty-free; however, the photographer owns the copyright to those photographs and they cannot be distributed in any manner other than in the book cover design. This includes the use for commercial promotional material. It is possible to extend the license for every image used in the design even after the cover has been created and delivered to the client. The client will then pay the fee of $50 per image. No other compensation will be requested by Ryn Katryn Book Covers for the service.
12. Ryn Katryn Book Covers retains the right to use client’s final book cover design, name, and book title in Ryn Katryn Book Covers’s portfolio and to market and promote their services. Ryn Katryn Book Covers retains copyright and ownership of all design and draft materials.
13. If the client supplies Ryn Katryn Book Covers with materials subject to intellectual property rights by a third-party, the client will secure the appropriate rights to use the materials before directing the designer to incorporate them into his/her project. Should any intellectual property dispute arise involving materials the client provides, the client assumes full legal and financial responsibility.
14. Ryn Katryn Book Covers has made crediting them in the book optional. This credit may appear in client’s book as such: “Cover design by Ryn Katryn Book Covers.”
15. Client is fully responsible for proofing the book cover design provided by Ryn Katryn Book Covers. It is strongly suggested that client requests a proof from the printer before ordering any materials using the book cover design. At no time will Ryn Katryn Book Covers be held financially or legally responsible for any problems, costs, fees or expenses incurred by client as a result of using the book cover design.
16. Ryn Katryn Book Covers is not liable for incidental, indirect, consequential, special, punitive, or exemplary damages of any kind, including loss of revenues or profits, loss of business or reputation, or loss of data, in any way related to their services. Ryn Katryn Book Covers is not responsible for any claim, loss, or injury based on errors or any other inaccuracies appearing on our site or in our clients’ written documents, including without limitation as a result of any breach of the terms and conditions of this agreement.
17. That said, Ryn Katryn Book Covers guarantees to use assets that, to their best knowledge and ability, are legally sourced, and sourced from companies that provide legal and financial support in the case of misuse, and that, if the author has used the created artwork only in the agreed upon, legal manner, the above will apply to their cover. Ryn Katryn Book Covers also agrees to edit free of cost or refund any cover, promotional item, or other provided artwork should questionable stock have been used.
18. Client agrees to pay a 60% non-refundable deposit upfront before work will begin on the project. Ryn Katryn Book Covers will not release finished files to the client or other parties until the final payment has been received via Paypal. Final payment will be due after the cover design has been finalized. Ryn Katryn Book Covers retains the right to discontinue, withhold, or suspend services for any account should payments not be paid for a contracted job in the order specified in this agreement.
19. For custom covers and character art, the client or Ryn Katryn Book Covers may cancel the agreement at any time by providing written notice to the other party. If either client or Ryn Katryn Book Covers cancels a project before or during the design process starts, neither the client nor Ryn Katryn Book Covers is under further obligation to the other, and this contract will be considered cancelled. All payments except the 60% deposit shall be refunded by Ryn Katryn Book Covers within seven (7) business days.
20. For premade covers, all purchases are non-refundable.
21. This agreement is the entire agreement of all parties. No additional promises or conditions, written or oral, apply to this agreement that is not included herein.
22. The finding of any provision of this agreement to be invalid or unenforceable does not render the remaining provisions invalid or unenforceable.